TB Testing - Sacramento and Natomas Clinics Only
Due to an overwhelming need for TB testing in Sacramento County, Yolo County and surrounding communities, we now offer TB testing at our clinic 6 days a week.
- TB test fee is $ (cash or credit card - we do not accept insurance payments for this test.)
- No appointment is needed - just drop by our clinic any day we are open.
- TB tests take 2 to 3 days to complete. The test is a "skin test" where a tiny amount of liquid is placed in the forearm by needle. The patient will then need to return to our clinic 2 or 3 days later for our provider to "read" the forearm looking for a reaction.
- When the patient returns to the clinic for the TB skin test reading, they will receive a written results sheet that can be taken back to their job or state agency that requested the test be performed.
- If you have ever had a positive TB test in the past - we can NOT test you. You may need to see your primary care provider or go to an Urgent Care clinic for a possible chest x-ray evaluation. We do NOT provide chest x-rays.
- If you have any questions about this process please call one of our clinics during regular clinic hours (see below for clinic hours).